The textbooks listed below are intended as recommended resources when preparing for examination. You may have previous or later editions of these or other references available that also present acceptable coverage of the subject matter. Any general text in cardiovascular techniques and evaluation, and cardiac patient care and management may be used. It is not necessary to use all of the texts identified. They are provided as suggestions only. CCI does not endorse or recommend any third-party review course or material.
1. Ellenbogen, Kenneth A., and Bruce L. Wilkoff. Device therapy for congestive heart failure. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Co., 2004.
2. Ellenbogen, Kenneth A., and Mark A. Wood. Cardiac pacing and ICDs. 4th ed. Malden, Mass.: Blackwell Pub., 2005.
3. Fogoros, Richard N.. Electrophysiologic testing. 4th ed. Malden, Mass.: Blackwell Pub., 2006.
4. Hayes, David L., Paul Wang, Jonathan Sackner-Bernstein, and Samuel Asivatham. Resynchronization and defibrillation for heart failure a practical approach. 1st ed. Oxford, UK: Blackwell/Futura, 2004.
5. Hayes, David L., and Paul A. Friedman. Cardiac pacing, defibrillation and resynchronization: a clinical approach. 2nd ed. Chichester, West Sussex, UK: Wiley-Blackwell, 2008.
6. Murgatroyd, Francis D., George J. Klein, Andrew D. Krahn, Raymond Yee, and Allan Skanes. Handbook of Cardiac Electrophysiology a Practical Guide to Invasive EP Studies and Catheter Ablation.. 1st ed. London: Remedica Medical Education and Pub., 2002.
7. Opie, Lionel H.. Drugs for the heart. 7th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders/Elsevier, 2009.
8. Podrid, Philip J., and Peter R. Kowey. Cardiac arrhythmia: mechanisms, diagnosis, and management. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2001.
9. Wilber, David J., Douglas Packer, and William G. Stevenson. Catheter ablation of cardiac arrhythmias basic concepts and clinical applications. 3rd ed. Malden, Mass.: Blackwell, 2008.
10. ACLS Handbook, 2006 Revision, AHA.