- About CCI
- For Educators
- Renew Credential
- Credential Verification
- Links & Resources
Cardiac Sonographer/Technical Director - Echo Lab
HCA Physician Services - Clipper Cardiovascular Associates
Cardiac Sonographer/Technical Director – Echo Lab
HCA Physician Services – Clipper Cardiovascular Associates
Location: Newburyport, MA
Medical Field: Cardiovascular
Job Title: Cardiac Sonographer/Technical Director for ICAEL-accredited lab
Company Name: Clipper Cardiovascular Associates (HCA Physician Services)
Contact Name: Timothy Finnegan
Response Type: via email (email@example.com ) or Web Site
Career Site Homepage: http://hca.rightjobonline.com/
The Cardiac Sonographer performs echocardiograms utilizing ultrasonic equipment in various modes and techniques to locate, evaluate and record pertinent anatomical, pathological and functional data. The position’s tasks and responsibilities include:
• Performs diagnostic procedures applying prescribed methods of ultrasound technique.
• Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
• Keys test data and patient information into computer to maintain record of test results.
• Maintains and calibrates equipment.
• Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
• Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
• Assists with transporting patients.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
• Perform duties related to role as Technical Director for ICAEL accredited lab, including organizing and running quarterly meetings with provider staff, handling audit requests by ICAEL, and maintaining appropriate documentation, etc. to meet ICAEL requirements needed for re-accreditation.
Required Job Qualifications include:
• Cardiology experience is required
• Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers or Ultrasonographers.
• Current RCS or RDCS must be registry eligible and registered within one year of eligibility.
• Current state licensure or permit to practice medical imagining.
• Current Certification in Basic Life Support.
• Minimum two years working as an echo sonographer.
• Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
• Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.