- About CCI
- For Educators
- Renew Credential
- Credential Verification
- Links & Resources
Cardiovascular Sonographer II
Pensacola, Florida 32501
A Cardiovascular Sonographer II is responsible for the independent operation of sonographic equipment for performing diagnostic examinations using sonography, and is responsible for communicating results of diagnostic examinations to the reading physician. The Sonographer is responsible in assisting in the daily operations of the cardiovascular ultrasound laboratory such as patient scheduling, equipment maintenance, the report of equipment failures, and quality assessment (QA) and other tasks as assigned by the CV Team Leader. The Sonographer maintains a high standard of medical ethics at all times and is self-motivated to increase his/her level of understanding and knowledge of the field, disease, and new procedures as they evolve, while in compliance to the Standards outlined in IAC (Intersocietal Accreditation Commission for Adult Echocardiography) and ICAVL (Intersocietal Accreditation Commission for Vascular Testing).
The person in this position works under general supervision, is responsible for various shifts, may be subject to over 40 hours per week and/or callback as required, and may also be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters.
• Graduated from an Accredited Ultrasound program.
• Experience in both Echo and Vascular Ultrasound
• Must be registered through ARDMS or CCI Cardiovascular Credentialing in Echocardiography for (RDCS/RCS) upon hire
• Current BLS through American Heart Association
• Must demonstrate a variety of diagnostic ultrasound procedures including but not limited to echocardiography, TEE, stress echo, vascular ultrasound including carotids, ABI, and other ultrasound procedures.