- About CCI
- For Educators
- Renew Credential
- Credential Verification
- Links & Resources
Cardiovascular Technician (Full Time)
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center
Fort Walton Beach, FL
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, located on Florida's Emerald Coast, seeks a Cardiovascular Tech to join our Team!
The Emerald Coast features world famous vacation destinations of Destin, Fort Walton Beach and Okaloosa Island and is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is one of the nation's top performers on quality measures for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care. The hospital has the tri-county's only comprehensive cardiovascular program. It is also the only acute care hospital in the area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission, a Chest Pain Center and a Cancer Care Center that is affiliated with UAB and accredited by the Commission on Cancer.
Under general supervision, makes preparation, operates equipment and assists physicians in performing arteriogram, cardiac catheterizations and other special procedures; performs hemodynamic monitoring and other duties as assigned. Perform radiographic procedures of a highly specialized nature to demonstrate vascular patency in a variety of anatomical parts. Recognizes the purpose of employment is to prioritize the patient as number one, and to put forth the utmost quality as a Cardiovascular Technologist. Perform examinations on patients of various ages from pediatric to geriatric.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
• Associate Degree or equivalent in Radiological Technology required or
• RCIS credential
• RCIS credential or ARRT registry required
• State of Florida license required if RT licensed
• BLS – AHA Healthcare Provider required upon hire
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
• Must be able to demonstrate skills in 2 special areas and be able to cover call for those skills
• Possess skill in 1 or additional areas and be assigned the majority of scheduled hours in that area
• Successful completion of ARRT examination with a current license to practice radiographic technology or
• Successful completion of RCIS examinations and credentials
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to deviate from normal techniques when necessary and to develop new and better techniques to keep the department up to date
• Ability to determine exposure factors to achieve optimum radiographic images with a minimum exposure to patients
• Ability to examine radiographs for the purpose of evaluating techniques, positions, and other related qualities
• Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment with patients during radiographic procedures
• Ability to position patient and adjust equipment to produce desired radiographic image
• Ability to help patients from bed or stretchers utilizing proper body mechanics. Have to stand for long periods of time
Landis W. Bradham