- About CCI
- For Educators
- Renew Credential
- Credential Verification
- Links & Resources
United Regional Health Care System
Wichita Falls, TX
Summary of Essential Functions
• Responsible for the operation of the equipment and for the performance of all procedures at a technical level that does not require direct supervision.
• Knowledge of imaging examinations and procedures that requires the use of contrast mediums. Knowledge of imaging equipment operation and radiation safety. Knowledge of patient transfers and positioning techniques.
• Flexibility to work overtime as well as on-call duty as needed.
• Displays a good understanding of age-specific developmental issues of all age group patients. Open, accurate, and responsive communication, oral and written, on an individual basis or in groups. Demonstrates ethical and professional conduct.
• Graduate of an accredited radiology program or equivalent.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Licenses and Certifications
• Current RDCS or CCI Certification.
• CPR and ACLS Certification.
• Proficient in proper patient positioning and demonstrates the ability to produce technically adequate images for interpretation.
• Must be able to effectively communicate with the patient, the patient’s family and all medical personnel.
• Must have good computer skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Verifies correct patient by patient’s armband and medical record number, reviews the patient’s chart to verify the physician’s order, makes corrections and additions to order if applicable. Thoroughly explains procedure to the patient and their family.
• Coordinates inpatient procedures with scheduled outpatients to reduce waiting time for exams and to assign priority to procedures.
• Ensures proper positioning of patient to obtain good quality images for cardiologist’s interpretation. Demonstrates the ability to make knowledge-based adjustments of imaging procedures, equipment, and contrast mediums, and safely performs examination.
• Practices proper radiation safety. Demonstrates proficiency in the use of all related equipment.
• Performs all procedures according to established protocols, annotates patient’s information on the images, reviews each examination for technical and diagnostic accuracy, properly administers contrast mediums as needed, presents all relevant information and completed exam to cardiologist, records and tracks procedure.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of ancillary equipment, in addition to maintaining accurate records.
• Performs all other tasks/responsibilities as necessary.
Interested candidates may contact Desi Vicars in the Human Resources department of United Regional Health Care System at firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-764-7811.