- About CCI
- For Educators
- Renew Credential
- Credential Verification
- Links & Resources
Echo Vascular Tech
Inova Health System
The CVIR Department is a dynamic, cutting edge department offering state of the art treatment options for the city of Alexandria and the surrounding areas. Our Department encompasses Interventional Radiology, Echocardiography, Cardiac Cath Lab, Electrophysiology Lab, Vascular Imaging, as well as, a 14 room Patient Admission/Recovery area.
The Echo Vascular Tech: Performs echocardiograms and vascular ultrasound procedures of the carotids, peripheral, and abdominal vessels to assist physicians in the diagnosis of disorders/diseases affecting circulation in accordance with established practices and procedures. Produces two-dimensional ultrasonic recordings and Doppler flow analyses of heart and related structures, using ultrasound equipment, for use by physician in diagnosis of heart disease and study of the heart.
Schedule: This position will work a Monday-Friday, 2:30-11:00p, plus weekend, holiday and call rotation.
• Minimum two years’ experience in an Echo/Vascular Laboratory.
• Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound program or 5 years directly relevant on the job training.
• An Associate’s degree related to Ultrasound is strongly preferred.
• Must be ARDMS registered with RDCS certification or CCI registered with RCS certification for Echo.
• Must be ARDMS with RVT or CCI with RVS certification for vascular or registry eligible and must obtain within two years of hire.
• BLS required (ACLS in addition is preferred).
• Must possess an excellent working knowledge of cardiac and pulmonary anatomy/pathology, the cardiac patient, and treatment of cardiac diseases. Must have a working knowledge of vascular arterial anatomy for carotid and peripheral vasculature.
• Must have Excellent communication skills, good computer skills, a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
Apply online at www.inovacareers.org Job ID 28185.