- About CCI
- For Educators
- Renew Credential
- Credential Verification
- Links & Resources
Practice Ultrasound Technologist
Northwell Health Physician Partners Cardiology
NY, NY 10028
Description: The Practice Ultrasound Technologist performs 2/3 dimensional, Color Flow, and Doppler Echocardiograms, Stress Echocardiograms, Upper and Lower Extremity Venous and Arterial Duplex, Carotid Duplex, Abdominal Aortic Duplex.
1. Operates ultrasonic diagnostic equipment to examine various parts of the body such as upper and lower extremity venous and arterial duplex, carotid duplex, 2/3 dimensional, color flow, doppler echocardiograms, and abdominal aortic duplex.
2. Evaluates patient’s medical status and medications prior to study.
3. Maintains equipment and contacts equipment manufacturers to report any malfunctions and facilitate repair.
4. Notifies reading physician when study needs to be reviewed.
5. Performs organizational tasks within the department.
6. Orders supplies, keeps workspace neat and orderly.
7. Confirms patient appointments. Prepares and stocks procedure room for next day.
8. Uses Infection Control practices and procedures including, but not limited to, ensuring sterilized materials meet standards; hand washing and gloving techniques; identifies, monitors, and adheres to sterile boundaries.
9. Performs related duties, as required.
· Associates Degree with completion of ultrasound program, required.
· Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS), Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), required.
· Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in cardiac ultrasound, required.
· Knowledge of ultrasound equipment, oximeter, blood pressure monitor, and echo database computer, required.
Contact: Kimberly Everette, Practice Administrative Manager at email@example.com
Apply by submitting a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.