- About CCI
- For Educators
- Renew Credential
- Credential Verification
- Links & Resources
Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS)
Fort Myers FL
Private cardiology practice is seeking a full-time RCIS to join our cath lab team.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
This position encompasses a broad range of responsibilities, including patient care activities, scrubbing and assisting physician during procedures, assisting with X-Ray equipment, and cleaning, sterilization, and storage of store supplies, instruments, and equipment.
- Responsible for providing surgical scrub duties, recording hemodynamics, circulating procedures.
- Responsible for having all necessary supplies and x-ray equipment is ready and available for each assigned case in collaboration with the rest of the team.
- Ensure Cath Lab turnover is done in a timely manner and cost effectiveness and conversation are observed when opening supplies for cases.
- Restocks Cath Lab supplies as caseload permits and helps pull supplies for cases the following day.
- Under the direct supervision of the Invasive Lab Clinical Director, sets up and maintains x-ray equipment for major and minor surgical procedures applying special knowledge pertaining to radiology.
- Applies specialized knowledge of specialized instruments, equipment and supplies utilized in the cath lab.
- Organizes instruments, equipment, and supplies for easy access and maximum efficiency.
- Maintains communication with the Invasive Lab Clinical Director or designee to ensure that any problems during the cath lab schedule or possible delays in completion of the schedule are promptly communicated.
- Communicates effectively with medical staff to facilitate coordination of patient care among all disciplines providing patient care services.
- Cooperates with other personnel to achieve department objectives and maintain good teammate relations with collaborative integration of the healthcare team.
- Responds promptly to changes in workload, adjusting assignments as necessary to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency.
- Plans all work steps to ensure success: considers time, supplies and support required from other individuals and departments in setting up work plan and completing duties.
- Maintains patient safety through surveillance of all practices in the cath lab.
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
· Graduate of accredited two (2) year program in cardiovascular technology.
· 3 years related experience in a cardiac cath lab preferred.
· Demonstrates understanding of technique
- Registered Radiology Technologist/ARRT and/or RCIS required
- ACLS and BLS certification
Please submit resumes to email@example.com