- About CCI
- For Educators
- Renew Credential
- Credential Verification
- Links & Resources
Registered Vascular Technician
Memorial Hospital of Martinsville & Henry County
Memorial Hospital of Martinsville and Henry County has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Vascular Technician. Our hospital has been at the heart of our community providing exceptional healthcare and service since June of 1970. The founding physicians and staff of Memorial Hospital share a rich heritage of dedication and commitment to improving the health of our community.
Memorial Hospital of Martinsville and Henry County continues to offer a staff dedicated to kindness, compassion and skill that sets the standard of excellence in health care. Our hospital is not merely a state-of-the-art facility made of concrete, steel and glass; we are people who are your neighbors, your friends and your family. We have been an anchor in this community for more than 40 years. We strive to be our community’s resource for health and well-being now and in the future.
· Coordinate and participate in the administration of advanced diagnostic ultrasonography.
· Perform non-invasive vascular ultrasonography on patients with acute and chronic vascular diseases.
· Utilizes state of the art procedures and bio-medical equipment.
· Perform peripheral vascular and arterial studies. Be familiar with ICAVL standards.
· Practice in accordance with state and federal law and health care regulatory standards.
· Education: High school diploma. Appropriate credential in vascular testing. New graduates of a vascular program must obtain an appropriate credential within one year from the date of graduation but may work under the direct supervision of a credentialed vascular sonographer until credential obtained. Individuals that are cross-training or working to complete certification may work under the direct supervision of a credentialed vascular sonographer and must obtain an appropriate credential within two years of training start date.
ExExperience: Minimum of 6 months of Vascular/Cardiac Ultrasound procedures.
· Skills: Vascular Technologist; Experience in Echocardiography preferred; BLS certified.
· Typical Physical Demands: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing, walking, stooping and stretching. Occasionally lifts, carries and pushes items weighing up to 500 pounds (electrocardiographs, ultrasound equipment, stretchers and obese patients). Requires corrected vision (absence of color blindness) and hearing to normal range. Requires exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
To apply, please visit our website at www.martinsvillehospital.com