- About CCI
- For Educators
- Links & Resources
- Credential Verification
- Job Postings
CARE Bill and Advocacy
Click here for a .pdf copy of HR2104 of the CARE bill
Send a letter to your representative by clicking here
The AQMIRT recently sent the Senate a letter in support of the CARE bill, click here to read the letter.
What does the CARE bill stand for?
The word "CARE" stands for Consistency, Accuracy, Responsibility and Excellence in Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy.
What will the CARE bill do?
The CARE bill will amend and enforce the Consumer-Patient Radiation Health & Safety Act of 1981 (42 USC 10001, et seq.), and charge the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to promulgate updated regulations specifying the certification and education requirements for people who perform medical imaging examinations and who plan and deliver radiation therapy treatments.
What is the Alliance for Quality Medical Imaging & Radiation Therapy (AQMIRT)?
The Alliance is a coalition of 22 organizations that support the need for federal educational and credentialing standards for medical imaging and radiation therapy professionals. Members of the Alliance are the:
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT)
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA),
- American Association of Medical Dosimetrists (AAMD),
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM),
- American College of Medical Physics (ACMP),
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT),
- American Society of Echocardiography (ASE),
- Association of Educators in the Imaging and Radiologic Sciences (AEIRS),
- Association of Vascular and Interventional Radiographers (AVIR),
- Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI),
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Cardiovascular Technology (JRCCVT),
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRCDMS),
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT),
- Joint Review Committee on Educational Programs in Nuclear Medicine Technology (JRCNMT),
- Medical Dosimetrist Certification Board (MDCB),
- Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB),
- Section for Magnetic Resonance Technologists (SMRT),
- Society of Nuclear Medicine-Technologist Section (SNMTS).
- Society for Radiation Oncology Administrators (SROA),
- Society for Vascular Ultrasound (SVU),
- Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (SDMS), and the
- Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals (SICP).
For detailed information regarding the CARE Bill please go to one of the following two (2) links.