Gaining Continuing Education Units help you maintain your credentials by staying up to day with your professional development. Demonstrate your commitment to your career and your dedication to bettering patients’ lives.
Resources in this section include:
- Continuing Education Unit (CEU) requirements
- Where to submit your CEUs
- Industry events list
- Approved CEU providers
- Additional CEU sources
CEU requirements are as follows:
- Certificate-Level (CCT and CRAT): sixteen (16) CEUs in any medical-related field.
- Advanced-Level (ACS): thirty-six (36) CEUs, a minimum of 30 must be cardiovascular-related, 6 in any medical-related field
- Registry-Level (RCES, RCIS, RCS, RCCS, RPhS, and RVS): thirty-six (36) CEUs, a minimum of 30 must be cardiovascular-related, 6 in any medical-related field.
Note: Active CCI registrants can satisfy all required triennial continuing education requirements by taking and passing a CCI exam. Full examination fees do apply.
Visit our Renew Credential page for more information.
If you would like your CEUs on the record, visit this page and submit them here.
Note: CCI operates on an auditing model for CEU submission. Credential holders are not required to submit CEU documentation unless notified by CCI to do so. It is recommended that ALL credential holders maintain continuing education documentation through the next triennial renewal cycle end date as CCI reserves the right to request these documents.
If you are interested in seeing a list of the latest industry events, visit our events page.
Please keep in mind, CCI is not responsible for, affiliated with, and does not endorse any of the events on the list. This list should not be considered a guide for test preparation or CEUs toward CCI’s credentialing programs.
Approved Providers of Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
To hold an active credential with CCI you are required to earn CEUs every 3 years after your first renewal. Learn more about the renewal process here.
Examples of organizations that provide approved CEU opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
- Accredited by the American Medical Association (AMA)
- Accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Contact hours from State Boards of Registered Nursing (BRN) – approved Continuing Education Providers (CEPs)
- Contact hours from accrediting bodies that are recognized by the ACCME, AMA, or ANCC
- BLS and ACLS certification
- Alliance of Cardiovascular Professionals (ACVP)
- American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN)
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC)
- American College of Cardiology (ACC)
- American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP)
- American Vein and Lymphatic Society (AVLS)
- American Heart Association (AHA)
- American Society of Echocardiography (ASE)**
- American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT)
- Association of Vascular and Interventional Radiographers (AVIR)
- Heart Rhythm Society (HRS)
- Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI)
- Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS)**
- Society for Vascular Ultrasound (SVU)**
- Sonography Canada
*CCI neither endorses nor supports any of the CEU sources listed. CCI provides this list of continuing education providers as a resource for our credential holders. CCI does NOT ACCREDIT continuing education activities.
**These organizations forward CEUs directly to CCI to add to your account on your behalf. You are still responsible for checking your CEU Tracker and your certificates from the organizations to ensure any earned CEUs has been added to your account.
Additional CEU sources include:
Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC) maintains a list of upcoming CEU activities on its website for the specialties in which they accredit laboratories.
Sights and Sounds of Echocardiography