The outlook for careers in the cardiovascular and vascular industry is strong. We have seen growth in overall employment needs, performance expectations as well as complex and technical acumen. Pursuing a career in sonography or as a cardiovascular technologist has proven to provide multiple opportunities for growth, continued learning, and success.
Explosive industry growth
Cardiovascular-related diseases are the #1 cause of death, worldwide.
Increasingly complex procedures and technology
Median annual wage for Medical Sonographers and Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians = $75,380
Median annual wage for Diagostic Medical
Sonographers = $77,740
Recruitment of highly skilled personnel
Overall employment of medical sonographers and cardiovascular technologists and technicians is projected to grow 10% from 2021 to 2031, faster than the average for all occupations.
Higher performance expectations
In today’s face-paced environment, employers count on highly technical skills and a team they can trust. Show them your validation with a CCI credential.
Career Center Resources
- American College of Cardiology (ACC) Cardiology Career Site
- Nursefly Job Site
- Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Intervention (SCAI) Job Bank
- Springboard Healthcare
- Alliance of Cardiovascular Professionals (ACVP) Career Center
- American Society of Echocardiography (ASE) Career Center
- American Vein & Lymphatic Society (AVLS) Job Bank
- Society for Vascular Ultrasound (SVU) Career Center
- Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS) Career Center
- Ultrasound Jobs
Explore the Benefits of Credentialing
Improve patient outcomes
Increase marketability on your career journey
Improve salary and advancement opportunities
Comply with growing mandatory requirements